Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mohammed the Pedophile

My first awakening about islam came when I heard the story of Aa'isha, the wife of the prophet (pig shit be upon him).

Aa'isha was either married of engaged to Mohammed (may he burn in Hell) when she was only 6 years old and he consummated their "marriage" when she was only 9 years old.

This is what is recorded in their holy writings. I am not making this up.

Some muslim revisionists have disputed the age of Aa'isha, saying she was past puberty. But the Qur'an and hadith (oral tradition) is pretty clear on this point. Aa'isha, in her own words, said that she was still playing with dolls when she met the Apostle (slap him with my shoe).

"I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me." (Fath-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

In muslim society, it is forbidden for girls to play with dolls after puberty because they are like idols (suwar). But young girls may play with dolls as toys.

I understand that in ancient society children reached maturity at the age of 13. With a shorter lifespan there is nothing wrong with procreating so young. I understand in certain societies, marriages are arranged at birth. I can respect this custom because marriage for love is no more empirically stable than arranged marriages as a social contract.

No society, as far as I know, condones sex with children as young as 6 or 9. Even if this story is not true, then why would someone write such a thing in their religion's oral traditions? Why would such a society not just "lose" that scroll on the side of the road if it was embarrassing. The only thing more frightening than a pedophillic religious icon is a religion which glorifies it.

The tradition seems to continue. I watched a very disturbing film called "Osama" about a young girl in Afghanistan. I know this is a work of fiction but I'm certain it is based on reality. In a world of "honor killings" and "hijab" and "burkas" and "female circumcision", I believe any atrocity is possible and likely.

I will not talk more about the story because you may wish to watch it. I recommend you see it.


No comments: