Sunday, November 30, 2008

Murder in Mumbai By Muslims

Like many people, I have been in shock over the terrorist attacks in Mumbai by well-prepared murderers. Young people my own age, filled with bloodthirsty rage. From the photos, they don't look like goat herders from Peshawar. They look like college students - like my friends.

They are murderers. They are not "freedom fighters" or "jihadists." They care nothing about freedom or religion. Their religion is hatred and death.

I've been wanting to write about this for days, but I have been speechless as I try to understand what was going on there. We still don't know which particular group of muslim or nationalist fanatics was involved in this massacre of innocent people.

In 1948, my grandfather served in the Jordanian army which attacked Israel. He was a soldier who was doing his duty and to this day he still bears no hatred for Jews. As I read about a young rabbi and his wife who were murdered this past week, I was deeply saddened for this needless loss of life - these beautiful, God loving, helpless people were killed for no good reason.

I know I should not feel shame, but I do. I am no longer a muslim. I am not Pakistani. Nonetheless I can't help but feel that I have not done enough to convince family members and friends who are muslim that Jews are not our enemies - the jihadists are.

When people tell me that America was attacked on 9/11 because of our support of Israel, I have to wonder about this attack. Did India support Israel? No, the disputed region of Kashmir is the excuse for this bloodshed. People are killing innocent people over a filthy piece of worthless land. Muslims are killing people all over the world in the name of religion, but the real motive is conquest of land and resources.

The link on the right to the Long War Journal does a good job of describing what went on. I cannot do any better.

I need to study for my midterm exams and focus on my R.O.T.C. training. In a few years I will be at war with these murderers and I wish to be ready.

God accept these innocent people into heaven and forgive these young men who know not what they are doing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, that is very well put. All those folk in Mumbai were just going about their daily lives, it is really sad.

Mohammad admitted several times that he had been influenced or spoken to by demons and I believe it is the same with these jihadists. You can explain these acts in human or rational terms, they must be inspired by Satan himself.

Unknown said...

A small group of us have a bi-Weekly live Internet chat show about Islam. This weekend (Satuday 15th, 9PM GMT) our episode will be entitled "Why I left Islam." We will be talking to people about what led them to apostatise.

If I am not mistaken you are an ex-Muslim aren't you? It would be great if you could join us on the day via Skype to let people know your reasons for apostatising. The show is watched by people of all religious inclinations, our aim is to encourage people to investigate Islam in a rational and objective way and I think hearing you talk could encourage that.

I hope you will accept my invitation. I look forward to hearing from you.

Pete
(The Jinn And Tonic Show)
thejinnandtonicshow@gmail.com